Welcome to the Office of Families in Transition
The Office of Families in Transition is the homeless student assistance program of Pasadena Unified School District (PUSD). The program ensures that all PUSD homeless students receive equitable access to high-quality education and support services. The Office of Families in Transition seeks to fulfill the requirements of the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act of the Every Student Success Act of 2014.
The Office of Families in Transition...
- Identifies, outreaches, and advocates for PUSD homeless students and their families
- Enrolls PUSD homeless students into school as soon as possible
- Provides school preparedness kits (backpacks/school supplies), emergency basic needs assistance (food/clothing pantry), family support, academic accountability, transportation assistance (bus passes/tokens), and other services as appropriate to each PUSD homeless student
- Refers PUSD homeless students and families to health, mental health, and other social services
- Informs PUSD homeless parents of the educational rights of their children and provides opportunities to participate in their education
The Office of Families in Transition is under the leadership of the Assistant Superintendent of Student Support Services.
Senior Community Advocate
EHCY Grant Manager & Data Control
FIT Office Main Line: 626-396-3698
FIT Office Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00am to 5:00pm)
*NOTE* The FIT Office may be closed during regular business hours for off-site school/shelter visits, collaborative meetings, and other unexpected events.